Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 17

I cannot believe I am saying this - but I am now on Day 17! Now that I'm here, the cleanse has seemed to fly by. My mom came to visit me this weekend, and it was nice to be able to go out to eat and actually get to order something off the menu. At lunch I had a grilled chicken taco salad. Of course I had no cheese or dressing or tortilla chips, but the salsa made a great dressing. For dinner, we had Mexican food. She is eating healthy too, so we said NO CHIPS! We both had chicken tortilla soup (again no cheese and no tortilla strips) and then we had a platter of fajita chicken with onions and peppers! It was yummy!


This weekend I also discovered that I've lost about 7 pounds. It's exciting, but I'm almost sure I'll gain it back before long, so I'm just going to enjoy while I can and maybe use it as a goal to maintain this weight! I am eating more now that I can have the eggs and lean meat, but I am no longer craving sugar and carbs! The protein has also given me much more energy, so I've been getting back into my running routine and I'm loving it. I'm very sore, but happy to be exercising again!


Yesterday for lunch we had veggie and chicken stir-fry and then eggs and turkey bacon for dinner - love it! They were both very tasty meals! I also went to a baby shower and won a game where the prizes were candy! Haha! That's ironic. But you know what? I wasn't even really tempted! It was kind of nice!

Thanks for all of your prayers - this hasn't been easy, but I'm proud that I've kept it up and this coming Friday will be last day! God bless and Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment